Sunday, March 7, 2010

There's No Place Like Here


I just finished reading a classic, great chic-lit. It's written by Cecilia Ahern, the author of P.S. I Love You. She's also the Irish Prime Minister's daughter. (I've always thought that was cool tidbit of her biography.)

There's No Place Like Here is classic chicklit because it's written in the first person by a female protagonist. The narrator is discovering something about herself in the book, and a background (yet important) plot element is the acknowledging of the main character's true love. It's about a thirty-something woman, Sandy Shortt, whose job it is to find missing people until she herself goes missing. What I like best about Cecilia Ahern's books is that most of them include an element of Irish folklore/magic. I know that sounds strange for chicklit, but it's what makes Ahern's books different and special.

Five stars for this novel, Ahern's latest, which was published in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Still, I love P.S. I Love You. :)

    By the way, I'm Introducing my first book HELLO BITCHES! by Kristina Bravo
    https://www.createspace.com/3877733

    also available in e-book https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/160584

    ReplyDelete